McRoberts Maritime Security is seeking a Terminal Security Supervisor for Cruise Ship security in Miami and Fort Lauderdale. Former law enforcement or military a plus. Supervisory/leadership experience a must. Must hold a current Security D License. Come aboard and join our winning team!
Apply here: http://cb.com/MHquMl
McRoberts Maritime Security was founded in 1876, making us the oldest privately-held security firm in the country. Four generations and 135 years of continuous service later, McRoberts is proud to provide security services to cruise and cargo clients in 13 deepwater ports throughout the US and Caribbean.
We are the leader in the Maritime Security industry!
The Supervisor has overall responsibility for security operations at a cruise ship terminal.
RESPONSIBILITIES & DUTIES:
• Responsible for managing all aspects of the security function for a cruise ship terminal.
• Responsible for maintaining order and overall compliance standards.
• Maintain focus and awareness in an environment containing numerous distractions.
• Make effective decisions in both crisis and routine situations.
• Monitor and report suspicious activities to local authorities.
• Monitor and address subordinates in violation of policies and procedures.
• Recommend disciplinary action, as required.
• Ensure all required reports and paperwork are completed and submitted as required.
• Write reports of daily activities such as equipment or property damage, theft, presence of unauthorized persons, or unusual occurrences.
• Assist in the deployment, recovery, maintenance, and housekeeping of equipment.
• Train screener and guard staff to proper execute work procedures & policies.
• Provide access control and execute post responsibilities as required.
• Ensure personnel receive adequate relief.
• Other duties may be assigned for operational needs.
• Ability to work in a client-focused role within a fast pace environment
• Personal initiative in developing efficient work processes.
• Ability to discipline/address any violation of company policy in a respectful and professional manner.
• Strong leadership demeanor and skills
• Strong organizational and analytical skills; ability to handle multiple tasks. High level of accuracy required.
• Strong customer service and communications skills
• English Proficiency (e.g., reading, writing, speaking, listening)
• Mental Abilities (e.g., visual observation and identification, mental rotation)
• Work Values ( e.g., responsibility, honesty, integrity)
• Interpersonal Skills (e.g., customer service, dependability)
• Pass required training which includes: orientation, MTSA, and screener courses
• Valid driver’s license with clean driving record
• High School Diploma; College Degree preferred
• Florida Security D License
• Ability to operate/communicate on the hand-held radio and hand-held metal detector
PHYSICAL AND ENVIRONMENTAL REQUIREMENTS: The Americans with Disability Act prohibits discrimination against a qualified individual with a disability. To be qualified for this position an individual must meet the following standards and /or be able to perform the essential functions and activities. Color perception (e.g., red, green, blue, yellow, orange, purple, brown, black, white, gray) The physical activities for this position involve:
1. Climbing: Ascending or descending ladders, stairs, and ramps.
2. Standing: Stands on post for long periods of time
3. Lifting: Ability to occasionally lift or carry weight in the following range: 30-50 pounds
4. Mobility: Bending and squatting several times a day.
5. Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction ENVIRONMENTAL CONDITIONS This position is mainly inside and protection from weather conditions apply. However, occasionally some screening stations are in contact with outside environmental conditions.
Relevant Keywords: security, security officer, officer, military, law enforcement, TSA, MTSA, coast guard, LE, criminal justice, manager, supervisor, operations, cruise, terminal, port, TWIC
INTERESTED IN JOINING THE TEAM?
Thank you for your interest in working for McRoberts, a nationwide provider of full-service security solutions. McRoberts is always looking for goal-oriented, qualified, and service-oriented professionals to join the team. As an Equal Opportunity Employer, McRoberts is committed to a diverse workforce. McRoberts offers competitive compensation package and opportunities for advancement.
This is your chance to capitalize on a new and exciting opportunity! If you are a highly motivated, energetic, driven individual who is looking to take the next step in their career apply now to be considered for a rewarding opportunity with McRoberts Protective Agency!
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.